Call for Entries
THE 2018 NEW YORK EMMY® AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES SEASON WILL OPEN ON SEPTEMBER 1ST
Welcome! Check out our How Do I Submit? page for detailed entry instructions. You are in charge of your own entries. It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries meet all entry guidelines and rules. If you have questions please use email as your first form of communication. It is quicker and more efficient. We answer questions as quickly as possible and your patience is appreciated.
The New York Chapter uses Emmy® Express as its membership database. You will receive membership pricing without having to contact our Director of Awards & Communications, Sean Schenk. Please login to your membership account to ensure that your information is current. You can access the entry and video upload sections from your membership account. Please follow the Member Login link below. Non-Members must still login using their system user accounts. Please follow the Non-Member Login link below.
Entry Login: link
New York Emmy® Award Pricing:
- Member Entry: $125 per entry *The member must be the first entrant.
- Non-Member Entry: $250 per entry
- Member Name Addition: $50 per name, per entry *Only applies during the submission time period.
- Non-Member Name Addition: $75 per name, per entry *Only applies during the submission time period.
- We are no longer able to accept Post-Gala Name Additions. Additional names must be added during the submission period or post-nomination up until the given deadline.
- New Judging Policy - By entering, you agree to serve as a judge. Enter once = judge once; enter twice = judge twice; enter three times or more = judge three times (at minimum). Those who do not complete their judging during the 2017-2018 calendar year will pay higher entry fees during the September 2018 Call for Entries.
Entry fees will be $50 more per name, per entry. Members who judge three or more times in a calendar year are eligible for a $10 membership discount. Regardless of the number of entries you submit, if you judge more than three times you will receive a $25 credit with the New York Chapter. You can apply that credit tomembership renewals, submissions, name additions, gala tickets, and orders. Read more here.
New Categories!o Newscast - Weekend
For excellence in a regularly scheduled weekend newscast. Post edits are not permitted except for the removal of commercials. Entry will be judged on overall content, presentation, enterprise, writing, format, teases, etc. Time Limit: 60 minutes.o TechnologyFor excellence in coverage of technology industry stories and related subject matter.o News ProducerEnter complete segment or composite not to exceed 30 minutes. Unless part of a composite entry, material entered in this category cannot be part of a full-length program (news or non-news) already entered elsewhere.o Live Sports ProducerEnter complete segment or composite not to exceed 30 minutes. Unless part of a composite entry, material entered in this category cannot be part of a full-length program (news or non-news) already entered elsewhere.o Talent: Reporter – Consumero Talent: Reporter – Medicalo Talent: Reporter – Spot News
- Larger Markets (1-49)
- Medium Markets (50-99)
- Smaller Markets (100+)
A Few Reminders:
- As always, we suggest reviewing our Standard Clauses to familiarize yourself with all rules, procedures and eligibility information. Also visit our frequently asked questions page (FAQ’s) which will be updated throughout the entry season. Be sure to review the complete Category List prior to entering your submissions.
- Double-Dipping: An individual entrant can only be recognized once for the same job function, utilizing the same program content. Double-Dipping Defined - Please Read For Clarification! You are in charge of your own entries...It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries are not considered Double Dipping.
This is NOT DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story "Musician Goes To Hollywood"....in the Arts/Entertainment Category #14A. I was Producer for this story.
- I also want to enter the same content in the Craft Category #42A/Editor.
THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story "Homeless Preacher"....in the Human Interest Category #22A. I was Reporter on this story.
- I want to enter the same content in a Craft Category #45G/Reporter
- Eligibility period for our call: September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017. Your entry must have had its initial broadcast/cablecast or transmission between these dates. There are no exceptions to this.
- Entries must have been produced for and have had their first broadcast/cablecast or transmission within the New York Chapter’s regional boundaries (New York State and Northern New Jersey).
- Video Upload: All entries are submitted and uploaded using Emmy® Express. You will be required to upload your video entry.
- Membership Discount: If you are a member in good standing with NY NATAS through the Emmy® Awards process (December 31st), each submission is $125 – a savings of $100 per entry. Members are eligible to add their name to an entry (during the submission period) for $50 per entry.
Emmy® Express – Online Entry Process
If you want your work to be considered for the 61st New York Emmy® Awards, please follow our simple Emmy® Express application process.
All Emmy® entries must be submitted online. It is a simple 3-step process:
- STEP #1 - Become a Member or Renew Your Membership. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance). JOIN NOW or RENEW NOW
- STEP #2 - Submit Your Entry Info and Pay the Fee. Credit card is our preferred method of payment. It is the easiest, and quickest way to pay for your entries. However, we also accept checks made payable to NY NATAS.
- STEP #3 - Upload & Approve Your Video.
Refund Policy/Terms & Conditions: Refunds may be made through the end of entry season if we find an issue with the entry, including but not limited to, ineligible entrant or failure to meet guidelines. You should make every effort to check your entry prior to submission and payment. Once the official entry period closes, no refunds will be issued, with the exception of an administrative glitch by the Chapter.