NY NATAS Events
Each year we host nearly 100 events for our members and their guests!
Film Screenings (Pre-Release)
Enjoy FREE tickets to pre-release Film Screenings for you and your guest. Recent film screenings include:
Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Michael Pena, etc. were on hand to introduce FURY at the DGA Theatre
The cast of Far from the Maddening Crowd at the NYC Premiere
Professional Development Workshops
Our Professional Development Workshops are informative and interactive. Recent topics include:
- The Top 10 Tips for Powerful Networking
- Envisioning Your Dream Entertainment Career
- Networking & Pitching - Dynamic Duo
- Packaging Original Programming For TV: The Agent's Perspective
- Going Indie: The Secrets to Success
- Laser Coaching: Breakthrough Your Entertainment Career
- Pitching Yourself/Your Projects with Conviction and Results
- Producing a Dynamite Sizzle Reel: Blueprint for Success
- Upsizing: Reinventing Yourself and Your Career For the New Digital Economy
- Networking and Pitching Intensive: Become a Master
- Next Generation Marketing Promotions
- Networking and Partnering: The Keys to Success
- Capitalizing on Your Strengths: There's So Much There
Meet the Filmmaker
Meet The Filmmaker is a monthly event showcasing a variety of films and the filmmaker behind the work. Wine and cheese reception and screening are followed by a Q&A session. Recent filmmakers include:
- Fax Bahr, "Hearts of Darkness"
- Elizabeth Sheldon, distribution rep, "Five Broken Cameras"
- Meaghan Kimball, " Blau Jeans"
- Harvey Chertok, "Hermitage Masterpieces"
- Maury Povich: "Mornings with Shirley Povich: A Century of Writing Sports"
- Albert Maysles: "Gimme Shelter" and "Grey Gardens"
- Peter Rosen: Who Gets To Call It Art?"
- Gene Searchinger: "Paradox on 72nd Street"
- Imero Fiorentino: "Lights! Camera! Dance!"
- David Check and Robert Haddad: "We Are Young"
Meet the Filmmaker events are produced by Sumner Glimcher.
Midmorning Exchange Seminars highlight keynote speakers from national media outlets who provide insight and advice to members each Wednesday morning at the Chapter office. Past noted speakers have included:
- Jeff Taylor, Brand Strategist at Tumblr
- Greg Schimizzi, Co-Founder, WVVH-TV Hamptons Television
- Richard Dreyfuss, Actor and Founder of The Dreyfuss Initiative
- Reese Schonfeld, Co-Founder/First President & CEO of CNN; Co-Founder/First Chairman of Food Network
- James Ackerman, President/CEO of The Documentary Channel
- Albie Hecht, CEO of Worldwide Biggies
- Scot Faulkner, first Chief Administrative Officer of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Georges Leclere, Director of BANFF World Television Awards
- Maritza Puello, Executive Editor of NY1 Noticias
- Jennifer Quainton, Director of Programming & Acquisitions, The Cooking Channel
- Gabriel Schoenfeld, Author of "Necessary Secrets: National Security, the Media and the Rule of Law"
- Arthur Novell, Executive Director of The Jim Henson Legacy
- Mark Lieberman, Creator and Executive Producer of "Live from the Artists Den"
- Maurice Keshner, President/CEO and co-founder of Cinema World Studios
- Ann Liguori, Radio and Television Sports Talk Show Host
- Pat Cooper, Legendary Comedian
Midmorning Exchange Seminars are coordinated by Ellen Muir.
Early Morning Seminars highlight keynote speakers from national media outlets who provide insight and advice to members early each Wednesday morning at the Chapter office. Past noted speakers have included:
- Mitch Semel, Executive Producer of "D.L. Hughley Breaks the News" on CNN
- Reese Schonfeld, Co-Founder and First President of CNN; Co-Founder and First Chairman of The Food Network
- Georges Leclere, Director of BANFF World Television Awards; Former Senior Vice President of The International Emmy® Awards
- Robert L. Dilenschneider, Chairman and Founder of The Dilenschneider Group
- John Terrett , Senior New York Correspondent, Al-Jazeera English
- Daniel Blackman, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, Howcast.com
- Maureen Guthman, Vice President of Acquisitions and Co-Production at VH1 and VH1 Soul + Logo
- Janine Rose, News Director/Anchor, News 12 Westchester and News 12 Hudson Valley
- Michael Max Knobbe, Executive Director of BronxNet, and Baron Ambrosia, Writer/Director/Host of "Bronx Flavor"
Early Morning Seminars are coordinated by Ellen Muir.
Monthly PlayReadings are hosted by actress Arlene Dahl. They offer members the opportunity to see and hear a play read by professional actors. Play readings have included participation from writers such as:
- John Wooten "StageFright
- George Lefferts "The Party Store"
- Jane K. Cleland "Back to Jack"
- Glenn Bisogno: "Stag Harbor"
- Greg Pritikin: "Unassisted Living"
- Louisa Burns Bisogno: "The Night John Lennon Died" and "The Golden Retriever"
- John Wooten: "Purple" and "Friends Till The End"
- Richard and Jeffrey Levine: "Bird Brains"
- Ronald Gabriel Paolillo: "The Lost Boy"
- Vonda Menard: "Return to Darfur"
- Michael Hartnett: "Dyin' Dick" and "Khe Sanh"
- Cynthia Link: "Patchwork" and "Maple Seed"
PlayReadings are coordinated by Ellen Muir.
On Location Events and Backstage Tours
- The Rachael Ray Show
- Live with Regis and Kelly
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Guiding Light
- The Martha Stewart Show
- Inside The Actors Studio with special guest Alec Baldwin at Pace University's Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts
- Steiner Studios Tour
- Bloomberg Tour
- Buzzworthy Animation Studios
Conversations With... and Luncheon Events
- Ken Burns, award-winning director and producer of documentaries including The War (2007), Jazz (2001) and Baseball (1994)
- Bob Schieffer, moderator of CBS' Face the Nation
- Ted Koppel, Senior News Analyst for NPR and BBC; former anchor of ABC's Nightline
- Christina Brown, Anchor/Journalist for NBC News (Early Today morning show) and MSNBC (First Look)
- Miles O'Brien, Chief Environment and Technology Correspondent at CNN
- Deanna Lee, Vice President of Communications at the Asia Society
- Gordon Tubbs, Vice President of Auto Scripts, INC
- Jonathan Clarke, TV Entertainment Reporter at vidocity.com
- Sade Baderinwa, Emmy® Award-winning news anchor at New York's ABC Channel 7
Advanced Media Events have featured such notable speakers as:
- Panel Discussion: "Surviving a Site Launch Successfully: From Soup to Nuts" moderated by Alex Iglesias, MSG Media
- BAFTA East Coast Presents Q&A Seminar Panel Discussion: "Master Class: Who Changed the Channel? The Digital Media Landscape in 2010" moderated by Shelly Palmer
- Al Franken - Emmy® Award-winning comedian, writer, liberal political commentator and politician
- Shawn Gold - Senior Vice President of MySpace
- Herb Granath - Chairman Emeritus of ESPN
- Jeremy Allaire - Founder and CEO of Brightcove
- Shelly Palmer - Managing Director of Advanced Media Ventures Group, LLC and host of "MediaBytes"
- Chris Wedge - Writer, Director and/or Producer on such films as Ice Age: The Meltdown, Robots and Horton Hears a Who
- Bob Berenson - Former Vice Chairman and General Manager of Grey Global Group
- Jeff Dachis - Chairman/CEO and Managing Partner of Bond Art and Science, LLC; Chairman/CEO of Studio Holdings, LLC
- Jack Grubman - Managing Member of Magee Group, LLC
- Are Traasdahl - Founder and CEO of Thumbplay
Networking Opportunities to interact with a community of your peers at events such as cocktail parties, luncheons and club openings. Here are a few of our recent events:
© NY NATAS