Call for Entries
THE NEW YORK EMMY® AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES SEASON IS NOW CLOSED.
Welcome! Check out our How Do I Submit? page for detailed entry instructions. You are in charge of your own entries. It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries meet all entry guidelines and rules. If you have questions please use email as your first form of communication. It is quicker and more efficient. We answer questions as quickly as possible and your patience is appreciated.
The New York Chapter is now using Emmy® Express as its membership database. You will now receive membership pricing without having to contact our Awards Director, Lauren Loverde. Please login to your membership account to ensure that your information is current. You can access the entry and video upload sections from your membership account. Please follow the Member Login link below. Non-Members must still login using their system user accounts. Please follow the Non-Member Login link below.
Individual Submitter MEMBER Login: link
Individual Submitter NON-MEMBER Login: link
What’s New this Year?
- Team Coverage is back! For excellence by a team involved in covering multiple news stories on a single subject, shot, edited, produced and aired within 24 hours. Entry may include multiple live and/or taped elements and online content. Entry length shall not exceed 60 minutes.
A Few Reminders:
- As always, we suggest reviewing our Standard Clauses to familiarize yourself with all rules, procedures and eligibility information. Also visit our frequently asked questions page (FAQ’s) which will be updated throughout the entry season. Be sure to review the complete Category List prior to entering your submissions.
- Double-Dipping: An individual entrant can only be recognized once for the same job function, utilizing the same program content. Double-Dipping Defined - Please Read For Clarification! You are in charge of your own entries...It is your responsibility to verify and confirm that submitted entries are not considered Double Dipping.
This is NOT DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story "Musician Goes To Hollywood"....in the Arts/Entertainment Category #14A. I was Producer for this story.
- I also want to enter the same content in the Craft Category #42A/Editor.
THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!
- I want to enter my story "Homeless Preacher"....in the Human Interest Category #22A. I was Reporter on this story.
- I want to enter the same content in a Craft Category #45G/Reporter
- Eligibility period for our call: September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016. Your entry must have had its initial broadcast/cablecast or transmission between these dates. There are no exceptions to this.
- Entries must have been produced for and have had their first broadcast/cablecast or transmission within the New York Chapter’s regional boundaries (New York State and Northern New Jersey).
- Video Upload: All entries are submitted and uploaded using Emmy® Express. You will be required to upload your video entry.
- Membership Discount: If you are a member in good standing with NY NATAS through the Emmy® Awards process (December 31st), each submission is $125 – a savings of $100 per entry.
Emmy® Express – Online Entry Process
If you want your work to be considered for the 60th New York Emmy® Awards, please follow our simple Emmy® Express application process.
All Emmy® entries must be submitted online. It is a simple 3-step process:
- STEP #1 - Become a Member or Renew Your Membership. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance). JOIN NOW or RENEW NOW
- STEP #2 - Submit Your Entry Info and Pay the Fee. Credit card is our preferred method of payment. It is the easiest, and quickest way to pay for your entries. However, we also accept checks made payable to NY NATAS.
- STEP #3 - Upload & Approve Your Video.
Refund Policy/Terms & Conditions: Refunds may be made through the end of entry season if we find an issue with the entry, including but not limited to, ineligible entrant or failure to meet guidelines. You should make every effort to check your entry prior to submission and payment. Once the official entry period closes, no refunds will be issued, with the exception of an administrative glitch by the Chapter.